Sunday, February 28, 2010

One week to go

Next week Sunday night will be my final night of sleeping like a regular human. Or perhaps Saturday night, I haven't decided yet. I guess it depends what time our big group of bikers want to check out on Sunday morning - if it interferes with nap time I might just sleep one more evening.

Whilst doing yoga last night just before midnight I slowly became aware of a very heavy and subtle sleep bearing down on me. In yoga, I've just been learning to do some particular leg stretches slowly and deliberately, without any jerking movements, and finding myself going deeper into the stretch with more ease. The sleep that came dropping down around me like a thick, wet blanket employed the same technique. No sudden drowsiness, no hard fatigue, just an ever increasing pressure that soon became almost unfightable. I've put it down to not drinking enough water yesterday, but it's another interesting method my body is employing when I'm tired, a method I found a lot harder to combat than the fast fatigue.

In other news, I missed my 10am nap this morning due to some check ins. So far I've been really good at coordinating this, but for some reason this morning just passed me by. Now, even though I had a very deep six hours last night, I'm really feeling that lack of nap now, I suppose simply because I'm now used to it. On the plus side, it still makes me think I can get used to six naps a day. We'll see next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment