Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day fifty - Tuesday December 7

Departed: Olveiroa 8:15am
Arrived: Muxía 2:30pm
Total hours: 6.25
Total kms: 33
Accumulated kms: 1617.8
Weather: Overcast and sunny

Well, Galicia really gave me nice weather today. The sun was out and surrounded by sycophantic clouds, it was warm enough to walk without a jacket, and the light made all the colours in the mountains look spectacular. Most of today's walk was through stunning forest paths and mountain tracks, and I barely stopped at all, I was enjoying walking so much.

The highlight of course was coming over the crest of a mountain, through a thick growth of trees and into a clearing where I could finally see the ocean. It was magnificent. I had been planning on stopping for lunch once I could see it, but the ground was very muddy and there was nowhere to sit, and after walking on for another 3km or so I realised the path was winding away. I finally stopped for lunch on a small bridge in a small town and watched the water flow under my feet as I munched on my boccadillo.

Once I got into Muxía I dropped my bag at the albergue, grabbed a bed, had a shower, then headed out to the water, where I sat on the rocks just watching the waves come in for nearly two hours. I made it back here just as it started to pour rain - good timing once again! I just heard it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow, but I'm going to get me a nice hotel room at the edge of the world, so I couldn't care less! One more day to go, I'm not sure how I'll handle spending the following day on a bus and train, I might have to pace up and down the aisles just to feel normal!



This is the point where one must choose between Muxía and Fistarra.











I don't know what this is, but it's big.


No comments:

Post a Comment