Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day forty nine - Monday December 6

Departed: Negreira 8:15am
Arrived: Olveiroa 2:45pm
Total hours: 6.5
Total kms: 33
Accumulated kms: 1584.8
Weather: Raining and windy

This walk is a very beautiful one, even in the pouring rain. Like yesterday, a lot of today was through forest, and the rest along quiet country roads. At one point I came out of a small town, across the crest of a hill, and was greeted with a magnificent view of a far-off lake. Stunning.

It's good to keep in mind the way perceptions work. I've decided to absolutely enjoy this walk, and despite finishing the last two days completely soaked through, I'm loving it. There are other pilgrims here who each night have complained for hours about how wet and cold it is. One girl hitch hiked today to get out of the rain, and a guy just told me he's had enough and is catching the bus tomorrow. It's all good, everyone does what they need to do, but I for one am really enjoying these final days of my walk. And tomorrow, I reach the Atlantic Ocean!


No comments:

Post a Comment