Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day forty five - Thursday December 2

Departed: Ferreiros 8:00am
Arrived: Casanova: 4:30pm
Total hours: 8.5
Total kms: 39
Accumulated kms: 1469.8
Weather: Snowing

My luck began as usual this morning - heavy snow fell all night then stopped literally as I left the albergue. The sun came out as I walked through a thick blanket of white, and all was right with the world.

Around 11am, however, the clouds rolled in, then snow began to fall and hasn't stopped - it's nearly 8pm now and it's still snowing. I passed through a town called Portomarin, which was completely covered in snow, and the guy who ran the panaderia said that it never snows here, and this is really rare. Kids were outside throwing snowballs at each other, and people were standing around in clumps talking about it (at least, I assume that's what they were talking about, I still don't speak enough Spanish to know - what else would you stand outside in the snow in a place it doesn't snow talking about?). It was really nice walking in the snow all day, I think I could really enjoy living somewhere lik Iceland or Russia or perhaps Antarctica. My ninja skills are really on the rise too, I haven't fallen over from slipping in days now.




No comments:

Post a Comment