Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day eight - Tuesday October 26

Departed: Livinhac-le-Haut 7:30am
Arrived: La Cassagnde 3:15pm
Total hours: 7.75
Total kms: 31.1
Accumulated kms: 256
Weather: Sunny and beautiful

I departed this morning while the Swiss and the family were eating in a bar somewhere. It's not just my friends at home who have breakfasts in bars, it seems lots of people here do it. As I walked out of the city (all uphill, of course), the whole valley was submerged beneath a river of fog and cloud. The road opened up to an absolutely beautiful morning, and that's about all I have to say. It was a very wonderful walk, although I should mention that with the new strap my knee felt much better. The walk was also quite fast, I arrived in Figeac around 1pm, much earlier than I expected. I got online for a short time before realising my journal wxas right at the bottom of my bag, and to do any blogging at all would require me to pull literally everything out, so I decided to hold off and just pack smarter next time.

There are two older French women staying here who are cycling from Conques to...somewhere else, I can't remember. One of them speaks maybe ten words of English, and after trying to have a conversation with me, she said, "I can understand your English, but not your Australian. When you speak Australian to me I understand nothing you say." We have such a crazy language, don't we?




Aw, it's a cute baby donkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment