Friday, November 26, 2010

Day thirty eight - Thursday November 25

Departed: El Burgos Ranero 7:45am
Arrived: León 3:30pm
Total hours: 7.75
Total kms: 39
Accumulated kms: 1212.8
Weather: Sunny and cold

The day began with a 13km walk alongside a road. This time I refused the comforts of the iPod and decided to meditate it out, which worked out quite well. The second half of the day was more walking along roads, but punctuated by little towns, most of which refused to offer up any panenderias, but one of which happily did so and that's where I bought a couple of neopolitas (pastry with chocolate inside). These panenderia hunts are becoming a daily mission, and not always a successful one unfortunately.

So now I'm in León, a big city and I believe the last big city I hit before Santiago. I managed to find an organic food store here and stocked up on dinner products for the rest of the walk. God knows how I'm going to carry the damn things, but at least I'll be eating reasonably well.

There's no kitchen here in the albergue, and as we wandered around the city Filipe and I decided to eat in tonight, so we went to the supermarket, bought some cheese and lettuce and stuff, and will make sandwiches (or bocadillos if you prefer the Spanish). He's gone to mass and will be bringing bread (or pan) back with him as they were baking some more fresh when we stopped there. I just heard a guy asking where the kitchen was and I realised I forgot to label our food that I left in the fridge, so I should probably go and save it before he eats it. That was about it for today anyway, nothing too exciting happened!




No comments:

Post a Comment