Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day thirteen - Sunday October 31

Departed: Montcuq 7am
Arrived: Saint Martin 1:45pm
Total hours: 6.75
Total kms: 29
Accumulated kms: 401
Weather: Cloudy in the morning, rain in the afternoon

This morning's walk began beautifully. The sun was peeking in through the corridor of trees as it woke up, and I was in very good spirits. I love walking early as the sun is just rising, when there's just enough light to see the signs and where you're going, but night hasn't quite packed her bags and left.

The clouds quickly moved in and it was under a grey blanket I climbed up the steep slope to the city of Lauzerte. It's another of the numerous most beautiful cities in France, and it's also a very safe place. It was originally built as a city with protection, and surrounded by squarish buildings on top of a mountain it looks like it would have done a very good job.

My host tonight tried ringing for a room tomorrow but had no luck. He suggested I just go to Aurillar anyway and knock on all the hotel doors, he feels someone will be open even though it's All Saints Day, a pretty big Day of the Dead style holiday. I think he was just in a bad mood and couldn't be bothered helping out anymore, he was very grouchy. Fingers crossed I either find a hotel or it's not raining!


In summer these fields are full of pretty green things.

The hillside fortress of Lauzerte.



It's not too often I found cool art pieces in the really old towns, but I loved this.


This strange building was out in the middle of nowhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment