Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day thirty nine - Friday November 26

Departed: León 8:15am
Arrived: Hospital de Órbigo 3:00pm
Total hours: 6.75
Total kms: 33
Accumulated kms: 1245.8
Weather: Sunny and warm

Another flat highway walk today. Nothing much of interest to report walking-wise, I put one foot in front of the other and watched the snow-covered mountains that I have to cross get bigger and bigger.

At one point I noticed a guy driving past me cross himself. I thought this was odd as I don't feel that I look particularly evil or anything. Perhaps it's time I shaved. The weirder thing was, a little later I came across two mice on the path, either fighting or mating or wrestling, I wasn´t sure which. As I came up they both started running off. One made it, the other rolled over and started kicking his little paws like a dying actor in a bad b-grade film, and died at my feet. Maybe that guy crossed himself for a reason, perhaps I have become Satan. It's not outside the realms of possibility.

What else happened today? A couple of big flat bed trucks drove past me carrying tanks and guns that were so big that even Cher would have trouble straddling one in a video clip, and possibly even more disturbing was news that heavy snow is expected in Astorga in the next few days, and that's where I'm walking through tomorrow. If it snows heavily, the police or military will stop pilgrims from walking through. I'm hoping that by the time the snow falls, I'll be through Astorga and down the other side of a large mountain and out of danger from weather or authorities. Fingers crossed my next entry has good news!



No comments:

Post a Comment