Monday, November 1, 2010

Day six - Sunday October 24

Departed: Estaign 7:30am
Arrived: Senergues 3:30pm
Total hours: 8
Total kms: 24.8
Accumulated kms: 191
Weather: Pouring rain all day

Today was rough as my knee was giving me grief through the lot of it. It didn't help that more than half the day was walking along hard roads and a lot of that was downhill, which is when my knee hurts the most. After a few hours I stopped and pulled out my long sleeve t-shirt and fashioned a home-made strap out of it as best I could. This definitely helped, although by the end of the day it was singing.

Thanks to my knee and the constant downpour, today blew by in a bit of a daze. I met two pilgrims on the way - Martin from Quebec and Ewan from France. Ewan had his dog with him and it was such a pleasure to see someone in France looking after their dog. I couldn't keep up with them downhill, and the dog would wait for me as if he wanted to be sure I knew which way to go. They finally outwalked me, but then I caught them at a little roadside table having tea with the owners of a gite. I kept going and didn't see them again - they stopped at the town before this one.

Tomorrow, if I want to stay in cheap lodgings, I need to walk 34.8km. Normally no big deal, but not sure how my knee will go. I just hope the weather's better - despite wearing my wet weather gear I was soaked when I arrived, including inside my waterproof boots. I hope they don't squelch and give me blisters tomorrow.

This seems to be the only photo I took today thanks to the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment